Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sewing Tips: Free Sewing Journal Page

I make a lot of adjustments when I use a commercial clothing pattern. I'll usually add or take away length, add pockets, or add or remove fullness in various parts. But I'm always bad at writing down what I did and I inevitably forget when I go to use the pattern a 2nd time. Also, if I make a mistake the first time and forget to write it down, I'll probably make the same mistake again.

A lot of sewing books I read recommend keeping a sewing journal to write these kinds of things down. I'm not one to be able to buy a blank book and fill it up; I'd rather have a designated worksheet to fill out. So I made a sewing journal page, printed it and made copies, and I keep them near my sewing table for reference.





I decided to make this sewing journal page available for free. Hopefully it will help you out with keeping organized! Click here for the journal page.

Happy sewing!

2 comments: